Do you have the capability at your current firm to take on more responsibility, the title to go with it, and move on to the next level on your own timetable? … All based solely on your performance and level of expertise?
- Schaaf & Wheeler (S&W) is a small, yet versatile civil engineering firm focused on water resources working in public and private sectors in water, stormwater, wastewater, and floodplains. Check out S&W project list.
- With over 30 years’ expertise, they are well-known in the industry as “the ones who have the answers”. Other consulting firms and agencies alike often turn to them for help with the more difficult technical issues in the industry.
They Value and Appreciate their Employees
- Employees can control and determine your next steps and elevation throughout your career, including becoming an Owner at the firm
- Provide mass transit and bicycle commuter program benefits. (One of their Owners has not had the need to own a car in 10 years because of this subsidy!)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are at no cost for the employee and very low cost for the spouse and family
- Vacation is encouraged and incentivized to use
- Sick leave program which pays out unused sick pay at 50% at the end of the year
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, educational assistance including test preparation and exam fees and paid time for qualified exams
- Society membership dues are reimbursed and encourage your attendance at conferences!
- Flexible work schedule to allow for optimum work/life balance
- Great company outings such as softball games and tours of some of the Bay Area’s most famous landmarks
- “Monthly Brownbag” lunches to allow for employees to learn from senior engineers in a casual environment.
Your Role with the Company
You will do analysis and design of flood control and drainage systems and/or components including computer modeling, storm drain hydraulics, and surface water hydrology and hydraulics. You will also do cost estimating, preparation of bid packages, permitting assistance, AutoCAD drafting, GIS analysis, field observations, and report writing.
Depending on your level of experience, you’ll be working with a senior-level engineer and potentially managing smaller projects on your own. If you’re already at the Senior Engineer level, you will be working independently and/or managing technical work of the assistant engineering staff.
Your duties will be conducted working with staff throughout the other Schaaf & Wheeler offices. You’ll also work closely with sub-consultants as needed.
- Have a BA/BS degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- California Professional Engineer Registration, PE, or a PE/EIT from another state with plan to get the CA PE shortly
- Three (3) years plus of strong technical experience in delivering water resource related projects and hydrologic and hydraulic analyses on Municipal and Public Works projects, or very large Master Plan Land Development projects.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite (High proficiency with Excel preferred)
- HEC-RAS and HEC-HMS experience at an intermediate level.
- Experience using at least one of the stormwater models, (ICM, SWMM, or MU)
- Have used ArcGIS before. (High proficiency preferred)
- Self-starter that is confident and effective at completing tasks without oversite
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with clients and project team members
- Enjoy working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative work environment
Contact: Jessica Trudell
Phone or Text: (916) 374-7360