Do you have the capability at your current firm to take on more responsibility, the title to go with it, and move on to the next level on your own timetable? … All based solely on your performance and level of expertise?
- Schaaf & Wheeler (S&W) is a small, yet versatile civil engineering firm focused on water resources working in public and private sectors in water, stormwater, wastewater, and floodplains. Check out S&W project list.
- With over 30 years’ expertise, they are well-known in the industry as “the ones who have the answers”. Other consulting firms and agencies alike often turn to them for help with the more difficult technical issues in the industry.
They Value and Appreciate their Employees
- Employees can control and determine your next steps and elevation throughout your career, including becoming an Owner at the firm
- Provide mass transit and bicycle commuter program benefits. (One of their Owners has not had the need to own a car in 10 years because of this subsidy!)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are at no cost for the employee and very low cost for the spouse and family
- Vacation is encouraged and incentivized to use
- Sick leave program which pays out unused sick pay at 50% at the end of the year
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan, educational assistance including test preparation and exam fees and paid time for qualified exams
- Society membership dues are reimbursed and encourage your attendance at conferences!
- Flexible work schedule to allow for optimum work/life balance
- Great company outings such as softball games and tours of some of the Bay Area’s most famous landmarks
- “Monthly Brownbag” lunches to allow for employees to learn from senior engineers in a casual environment.
Your Role with the Company
While your project opportunities will span across all areas of their water infrastructure group, including Private and Public Works projects, your team will get to work on a $1.6 million Port of Oakland project under Glen Anderson, doing the design and evaluation of gravity sewer systems.
You will assist with design projects in stormwater infrastructure, flood control, water, and wastewater infrastructure and will work closely with sub-consultants, as needed, a senior-level engineer and potentially managing smaller projects on your own and with staff throughout other Schaaf & Wheeler offices.
- Have a BA/BS degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Two years plus minimum of strong technical experience in delivering detailed designs, plans, and specifications for municipal and private water infrastructure projects, including pipeline and pump stations design for storm drain, potable water, recycled water, and wastewater systems
- Experience in design of pressure and gravity pipe systems
- California Professional Engineer Registration (or Engineer-in-Training/FE on the cusp of PE certification)
- Basic proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office Suite (High proficiency with Excel preferred)
- Possess effective problem-solving and critical/analytical thinking ability
- Self-starter that’s confident and effective at completing tasks without oversite
- Communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with clients and project team members
- Enjoy working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative work environment
- Possess an intermediate level of proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or proficiency with ArcGIS as well, but not required
Contact: Jessica Trudell
Phone or Text: (916) 374-7360