Opportunity for Senior Bridge Engineer
“Growth is achieved through collaboration and partnership with one’s team."
My client is a firm with great national capabilities, yet they operate and feel like a small company and pride themselves on that culture. Their Northern California team has grown from 46 to over 100 staff in three years. Their engineers are encouraged to pursue work that interests them, and they are renowned worldwide for their expertise in designing specialty bridges.
Highlights about the Opportunity:
- They are a firm of engineers run by engineers, not accountants worried about stock and numbers only. Their president is an engineer!
- This firm is known for rewarding their engineer’s great work immediately with spot bonuses in addition to their annual bonuses.
- Engineers work on every aspect of a project from conception to completion.
- Their teams work really well together, respecting one another’s work and having fun doing it, which makes up their company culture.
- They have a large backlog of projects and a great success rate at winning new work.
- You won’t find any red tape or top-down management; it’s a culture of collaboration and mentorship where the District Manager will actually sit you down and genuinely want to know where you’d like to be in five years and then tells you what you need to achieve in order to get there, and also explains how they’re going to help you do it and the support they’ll give you.
Your role with the company:
The Senior Bridge Engineer will multi-task several different projects daily to make progress on each. They will perform design work and communicate with clients, while possibly working on proposal efforts. They will delegate to and provide direction for junior staff; there is an enormous opportunity to mentor several junior staff members. They will contribute to project successes and clients will recognize their efforts.
The Senior Bridge Engineer will believe in their coworkers and management and understand that they have a culture of helping one another. “A strong leader knows the value in seeking help when needed.” This is very important to the office leaders and their company culture.
Candidate Background Profile:
- Bridge design experience with producing designs and structural details for bridge projects, technical expertise in bridge design and structural engineering.
- P.E. license and at least 5 years of concrete and steel bridge design experience and construction engineering.
- Experience serving as the Lead Design Engineer and a Project Engineer for local agency bridge replacement projects.
- Advanced knowledge of bridge design and analysis software is required.
- This position will involve planning and scheduling engineering work, client contacts, and guiding and mentoring design staff—excellent communication skills are highly valued.
People have been moving from the Bay Area to Sacramento for its more affordable housing and lighter traffic conditions. Sacramento is what developers like to describe as an “up and coming” metropolitan destination. It leads the farm-to-table food scene, boasts dozens of breweries and lively downtown, and has a new basketball stadium. The city’s population growth rate was among the highest of all major California metros in the last three years. However, just outside the city center, Sacramento is also a rural community.
For more information about this opportunity or other opportunities, please call, text, or email me!
Phone or text: 916-304-6661