“Huge opportunity to advance your career with a growing company and collaborate on interesting and diverse projects”
- The company started in 2012 and is growing. This is an opportunity to grow with the firm. They self-perform demolition, earthwork, wet and dry utilities, and paving.
- Headquartered in Oakland near the airport plus an office and yard in San Leandro
- Diverse work: Over the last 3 years, they’ve been a mix of 65% private works (as a sub to high-level GCs)/35% public works (as prime for creek restorations and sports fields)
- Repeat clients: They keep their clients very happy because they are one-stop shopping for the site work.
- Geography of work is the southern half of SF Bay Area: San Pablo to San Jose, Morgan Hill, Mountain View, South SF
- Use HCSS both Heavy Bid and Heavy Job
- Very strong balance sheet and bonding north of $100 million
- Plan to grow from $30 million to $50 million over the next few years. They can really scale and grow now because the select group of GC's that they are working for are doing $100's of millions / $1B's in revenue. It’s not really about new clients now, but about doing a knock-out job with the existing clients so that they continue to choose them over all other firms.
They Value and Appreciate their Employees
- The Project Managers have a lot of autonomy and don’t travel very much, mostly working from the office
- No employees were laid off during the pandemic and, in fact, have added a total of 30 people, 6 of which are in the office
- 401k plan and match up to $10K, bonus pool is split based on the impact an individual has on the firm. Nobody has ever complained about their bonus. In fact, a year ago, all of the employees bought the owners really nice gifts because everyone was happy and felt appreciated
- Medical: The company pays 90% of the employees’ payment toward the Silver plan
- Vehicle allowance for PM's as well as a gas card
Your Role with the Company
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all resources for the successful execution of a project. The Project Manager will supervise a project team of skilled operations professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
- Sets safety, quality, schedule, cost, and owner relationship goals
- Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up, bid packages, and project pre-planning
- Works with the VP of Operations to obtain the personnel resources required to properly staff the project
- 100% Detailed/hands-on knowledge of Project Scope
- Expertise in earthwork, wet and dry utilities; demolition would be a plus but not required
- A passion for Project Management/Project Engineering – 5 years target experience
- Proficiency in both private and public works
- HCSS would be a plus
Contact: Jessica Trudell
Phone or Text: (916) 374-7360