Picture “A River Runs Through It” with Macy's and Costco within 1 mile!
Are you interested in living in an area that is known as the second sunniest city in the United States? Or how about the fly-fishing capital of the world? Outdoor adventures galore, this community boasts a superb climate with moderate spring and fall, sunny summers with low humidity, and mild winters. Warm weather signals the start of after-work and weekend trips to the local lakes, wondrous glacier-capped mountains decorated by snow year-round, as well as the beautiful river that runs throughout the city.
Snow skiing, sledding, and other winter sports are abundant within a short drive. A twenty-eight-mile trail along the river, a world-famous Sundial Bridge, numerous community parks, a world-class museum, an arboretum complex, and continuous community events provide for a healthy environment in which to live and work.
The Electric Utility for the City has an opportunity for a brand-new created position of ELECTRIC PROGRAM SUPERVISOR – TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION. A part of the Electric Utility System Operations group will supervise a team of six highly qualified skilled operators. The team is responsible for coordinating the continuous flow of electric power from contracts and generating stations through substations into the transmission and distribution system to meet real-time load requirements.
Benefits to YOU:
- The Utility encourages and pays for continuing education and certifications
- Have complete control of projects from conception to closeout
- Huge opportunity for growth and leadership
- Manage a staff that is collaborative, skilled, and loves their job
- The pay is high compared to the cost of living
- Excellent benefits
- Stability, zero employee turnover in the last 20 years
- Experience with an Electric Utility in an electric operations center at a senior or supervisor level
- North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) certificate as a reliability operator, balancing, interchange, and transmission operator, or transmission operator required
- Ability to interact effectively with the public and employees
- Apprenticeship or Associates Degree with appropriate technical coursework
- Relevant experience with an Electric Utility: five years of power dispatching or seven years of increasingly responsible experience in power substation, generation, and dispatching operations
This opportunity offers competitive benefits and a compensation package with a 9/80 schedule, if you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity please contact:
J Powers Recruiting, Inc.