Leadership Opportunity for a Concrete Superintendent
“Bring your skills to a business you can believe in… A four-generation family-run business. A strong regional player with a focus on employee engagement and community ties. Don’t come work for a family, come be part of it”
- Wildish was established in 1935, with 85 years in business they have a long history and continue to be one of the leaders of their industry in their region.
- The Wildish team has earned a reputation for surpassing expectations, they retain clients and connections through a commitment to integrity and making long-term business decisions by keeping relationships and reputation at the forefront of their thinking.
- Their typical year is 100 million dollars worth of work, with 20-30 million of that coming from their concrete division. They are a steady company that is profitable, they have no debt and employee satisfaction runs high.
- This is an opportunity to be part of the leadership of their concrete division, they are looking for a “Pied Piper”, someone that a team can admire, relationships forged through mutual respect.
- Looking for someone that wants to make a BIG impact. You. Can. Shine.
Benefits and Features:
- They like to have fun, a bunch of jokesters, they are really there for each other and when people join; they stay.
- As a regional contractor, jobs are within an hour of their office in Eugene. Their teams go home each night.
- No one takes better care of their people. They care about families.
- 401K 2 weeks minimum vacation • 5 days per year sick leave • 90% coverage of Medical, Dental & Vision for individuals and families • Employer paid life insurance • Company vehicle provided • Yearly Bonus
Your Role with the Company:
Wildish is looking for a Concrete Superintendent. They are looking for a person with at least 10 years of experience with public works in their background. You will lead a team and assure job readiness checking in with the concrete foreman daily for short-term schedule. Additionally, you will decide what equipment to use and make sure correct trucks are in place. You will be ultimately responsible for trucks, crews, materials and work in close communication with the General Superintendent. Long-term goals for this position are to implement improvements in work quality, make adjustments in training and retention and expand into new markets through an increase in the type of concrete work they can offer.
The position sits in beautiful Eugene, Oregon, just along the Willamette River. The Cascade Mountains sit to the east and The Coast Range sits to the west; this area is an outdoor recreationist’s dream. Eugene is home to the University of Oregon. The college-town setting is attractive, clean, and prosperous. Downtown Eugene has an eclectic and diverse array of shops and restaurants. The park system is excellent, most particularly a waterfront park along the river. The area has a good mix of setting, climate, and small-town feel and a low cost of living by Oregon standards. This is a region that is great to raise a family in or for anyone who cherishes a slower pace of life.
- Experience on multimillion-dollar public/private concrete flat site work (curbs, gutters, sidewalks) projects particularly with a focus on public work projects and overall understanding of ADA requirements and regulations.
- 4-year degree in Construction/Engineering/related degree preferred OR equivalent years of personnel experience/ equivalent combinations of training and related experience
- Excellent leadership/communication with knowledge of concrete mix designs and testing
- GPS technology background is a plus
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity or other opportunities with Wildish, please contact:
J Powers Recruiting, Inc.
Office: (916) 304-6409