This is your opportunity to be the CFO of an amazing, people-first company and to Thrive!
- Be an influential part of an incredible company where Compassion & Accountability sum up this unique culture
- Compassion is defined as: Watch out for and care for each other, forgive mistakes, this balanced with Accountability
- A company that truly respects the CFO and financial branch
- The opportunity to develop your career and have fun with strategic endeavors such as joint ventures
- The ability to expand your network by being the “outward-facing” financial expert in the company
- To be a part of an amazing executive team that invite the new executives in and really value their input
- Join an extremely successful company that is privately held but holds itself to the highest financial standards.
- Very professionally managed: A peer CEO from a direct competitor said, “The CEO has done an amazing job at this company"
- My client is a California-based vertically integrated construction and materials company.
- Privately held, it has been owned by the same family since 1900
- Since 2000, they have grown the construction division to 50% of the revenue of the company.
- This company is one of the premier suppliers of high-quality aggregate, sand, concrete, recycled aggregate, hot mix asphalt, and other building materials
- Signatory to the unions, 90% of their workforce is union.
- The Board: This company has throughout its long history had a true fiduciary board of directors that includes a majority of outside, independent directors.
This Company Value and Appreciate their Employees
- Their culture is summed up in two words: Compassion and Accountability, they watch out for and care for each other
- The CEO is the ambassador of the culture
- What the executive team says about the CEO: “He is a consensus builder”, “best boss I’ve ever had”, “We hash things out together, there’s no fist pounding”, and “He lets us do our jobs and provides the support we need” and “The CEO has respect for the financial function”
- The company’s owners and executive team care for and are focused on employees and their unique culture FIRST, and the profits are a result of that care. They hold Employee Recognition Days, everyone is treated like family, throw BBQs, Christmas parties, and culture day for new hires. The company celebrated its 120-birthday party by inviting the entire company to the Fairmount in SF, with dinner, dancing, and games.
- The heart of the company’s family is its Shareholders
Chief Financial Officer’s Accountability: Role within the Company
The CFO leads the Company’s strategic financial planning and initiatives and is the outwardly facing executive for the financial branch of the firm. This role has primary accountability for providing financial insight to the CEO and advises the CEO, Executive Team, Family/Owners, and Board of Directors on all financial and risk critical issues in the annual business plan and the long-term strategy of the business.
Live and work in one of the most beautiful vacation destinations in the world! Located between Monterey and Santa Cruz, this is a lush agricultural area, with close proximity to Big Sur, Pebble Beach, beautiful beaches, world-class wine tasting, rugged hikes through redwood forests, and majestic mountains plus the best weather in the world! The climate is perfectly air-conditioned, and the temperature is between 60 to 70 degrees throughout much of the year.
- 15 years of Finance and Accounting expertise
- 5 years as Corporate Controller or higher level
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Has developed strong relationships outside of the business
For questions and more information about this opportunity, please contact:
Phone or text: (916) 304-6661